Skip to main content
Safety and Security
- Tell a family member or friend your travel plans and route. Call them when you arrive so they know that you arrived at your intended destination.
- Have your exact fare ready. Do not carry large bills as drivers do not make change
- Don't doze off or become engrossed in a book. It can make you an easy target. Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Keep your purse, bags, backpack and other belongings in your lap or between your feet. Do not leave them on an empty seat.
- Be wary of noisy passengers arguing or causing a commotion. This could be an act to distract you while others try to steal your valuables.
- If you feel threatened by other passengers, alert the driver and/or change your seat.
- Avoid displaying cash, credit cards or expensive looking jewelry.
- Notify the driver of any unattended packages or luggage on the bus or at the bus stop.
- In case of emergency, alert the driver immediately.
On the Bus
- Plan your route. It is important to know where you are going. It is also important to know what route you will take to return.
- Check the schedules to determine the last trip of the day.
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Do not cross in front of the bus before or after you get on or off the bus because traffic will not be stopped.